Strut Your Stuff

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Hello there! I'm on The Cut Shoppe blog today! This Pretty as a Peacock might be one of my favorite cut files ever. But when I saw it, all I could think of was stitching it.  So I did!


I didn't have a photo in mind when I started, but I like bright colors, so I started there with bright blues, greens and pinks. I also had the Strut Yourself flair from A Flair for Buttons.  By the time I finished sewing, I had the photo, and the rest of the product. Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope arrived  just in time! I used the Chasing Rainbow paper behind the body of the peacock. I tried something new, using the WaterColor Markers  and also the Amy Tangerine watercolor set to fill in the feathers. The colors are beyond perfect. I definitely need some practice with the markers, but for a first try I'm really pleased with the results.



You can see more of the stitching in these detail  photos. Like I said, I like bright colors!



Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. You can find this and so many incredible cut files in The Cut Shoppe. See you again soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS