A Record Day

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hey there! Welcome to August. Wow. Where did June and July go? Well, it's a new month so that means there are a slew of new challenges at Paper Issues. Speaking of that, I'm on the Paper Issues blog today with this project for the new Oh $@#&% challenge!

Now don't worry, we aren't asking you to use foul language on you're projects. Well, you can if you want to. The idea is to use punctuation in a creative way on your projects. How fun is that.

I've already done a few pages with @$!# in my title and wanted to do something different. I also didn't want to throw a # in there and call it a day. No, no, no. I'm all about trying something new! I already knew I was using Crate Paper Wild Heart, which is bold and wacky. I also had already chosen a kraft background which can be dull and drab on its own. so, how do I work these little punctuation characters in...  I wound up taking a subtle approach to this challenge. I created a border for the page by doodling with a black pen, then adding asterisks, plus signs and exclamation points to the corners, mixing in some Nuvo drops, linking it all together. Ha! I love the way the page is framed, giving the background some fun details!




Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I have lots to share this month so come again soon. 

Well, now it's your turn. We want to see what you create with punctuation on your projects. You can find this and all of our challenges in the August Challenge album in our Facebook group. New stuff is always arriving in the Paper Issues store.  Shop using DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS