Golden

Monday, July 23, 2018

Hey there! I'm on the Paper Issues blog today with this little number for our Getting Chippy challenge. 

I know, I know, chipboard. What's the big deal. It's been around for-ever. We all buy it right? But how much do you actually use? One or two pieces, maybe a few more, then the rest of sheet sits around sadly never being used again. I'm so right aren't I? 

Not today! I grabbed my Crate Paper Wild Heart. I had yet to tackle the chipboard sheet. Well, I'd only used one or two pieces...See. I told you so.  I challenged myself to use as many as I could on one page. I used the Electric paper as my background, mixing in some of the Roar paper as well. You can see all of my usual tucked and layered bits behind the photos. 

Now for the chipboard. I was drawn to that large camera. I was determined to use it! Front and center it went! This sheet also has lots of little banner pieces. I did not want to create a traditional banner. Nope. I decided to flip them on their sides. Using them and several other stickers and pieces of chipboard created a fun line or shelf across the page, with the camera featured exactly I wanted. Oh. And I used 9 pieces of chipboard. Yep. 9.


My husband had a big birthday last year but didn't really want to celebrate. He mentioned this concert in conversation one day. That's all it took. Ding! Ding! Ding! Happy Birthday Dude! He took our son so he could experience music from the Golden Age of Hip Hop. A Golden gift indeed!

Thanks so much for stopping my my creative view today. Head over to our Facebook group to find this and all of our July Challenges. Join the fun! We want to see what you create! You have until August 5 to play along this month.   Remember to shop using DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS