3rd Grade

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Welcome to August! I can't believe how quickly the summer is flying by. Today is double reveal day.  First up is the Aug 1 challenge for About a BoyCreate a LO using a school photo.  

I have a separate school album for both of my boys where I use a similar design for every page. I didnt want to do that today.  This is what I came up with instead.


This is one of my all time favorite photos of my older son. So I used some of my all time favorite papers to complement it. The colors are bright, making the kraft cardstock a good choice to neutralize the background. I used an alphabet stencil and misted into the background. It's subtle, but it's there going with the school theme.  I grabbed embellishments from several different manufactures to add around the circle, again enhancing the theme.  I like the way the navy and red contrast so much of the green and yellow, but keep the focus on the photo.  Not a lot of fluff, but I love the way it turned out.

Please join us for the first challenge this month at About a Boy. We love to see what you create.

Supplies:
CS-The paper company
PP-Cosmo Cricket
journal tag-Simple Stories
Embellishment stickers-imaginese, crate paper, simple stories, tpc studios
stencil-crafters workshop
mist-tattered angels, Studio Calico
alphas-Simple Stories

1 comment:

  1. Great school page. Love the colors. visiting from about a boy!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS