Exhale

Monday, January 7, 2019

Hey there! I'm on The Cut Shoppe blog today sharing a layout I made using the Freebie FriYay Diamond in the Rough  cut file.

I've been eyeing this cut file for a while, really wanting to stitch it. I decided it was time to use it! All I had to do was figure out the rest! Which I eventually did. I'd also been wanting to play with this One Canoe Two Goldenrod collection. It wound up being a pretty good match. Nice muted, calming colors to go with a photo of me relaxing.

I resized the cut file to 10"x10" hoping the 'holes' would be smaller. No such luck. I doubled the embroidery floss which helped fill the space and add more color. I like that there are still gaps between each stitch. Layering a whole sheet of paper behind it fills in the gaps nicely. 


This background came out so beautifully, I didn't want to cover it up. I layered a few pieces of paper under one photo, adding minimal embellishments so it would be a focal point of the page. The Let Them Eat Cake (aqua) and Lovely Words 7 had the same calming feel as the rest of the page and added the perfect finishing touch. 


Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. Have you checked out the new shop yet? You can shop for all of our cut files there. Share your projects with us in The Cut Shoppe Scrap Spot Facebook group.  See you again soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS