Grateful

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hi there. Do you ever have a moment and know that you will turn it into a memory to savor? If you are a memory keeper/scrapbooker like I am, then maybe you know what I am talking about. If not, well, I'm about to share with you why I do what I do, and why I keep doing it. In fact, this is the topic of today's article on the Get It Scrapped blog.

My son has special needs.  For the first time in his life, he and I took an unassisted walk together.   It was a spontaneous moment, and one that I am so happy to have captured. (thank you trusty cell phone). There was no wheelchair or walker, just he and I holding hands walking.   It's something other people do everyday, but it was a momentous occasion for us. 

I continue to scrapbook because I like to see the progress my son has made throughout his life. From year to year I can see not only how he has developed, but  also how his interests have changed, or in many cases, stayed the same. I am not an epic storyteller, but a few sentences with photos remind me of where he was, how far he has come, and sometimes my feelings get written in there too. 

Having a child with special needs means extra care and time for him. That also means I need extra time and care for myself. Scrapbooking allows me that time to replenish and rejuvenate myself. It's a huge stress reducer for me.


I took a simple approach to this page. I had seen a LO created by one of my favorite designers. I lifted and adapted it to suit my needs. There is hardly anything on it, but what is there, has meaning and purpose.  The paper and embellishments lend themselves to warm feelings. The photo and words stand out, which is the intention. 

As always, thanks for taking a look at my creative view today.  Come back again soon, I've got lots to share.

Supplies: Patterned paper, die cuts, stickers-Pink Paislee, pen and adhesive-EK Success, design inspired by Lisa Dickinson for Elle's Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS