Mom's "helper"

Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's a double post day today. If you are looking for today's Red Carpet Studio post. please go HERE

It's time for a new challenge at Picture This. This time, there are only two required elements:
3 photos + vertical placement

I actually found this to be an easier concept to tackle. I use a vertical placement often, with varying numbers and sizes of photos.  Now I just needed a design nudge so the page didn't look like some of the others. I went to the Get It Scrapped template archive and found this sketch from the 3 Acts Scrapbook Coach class.  I flipped the sketch, resulting in my layout below. The photo quality isn't great. I chose small patterns in primary colors on a neutral background to make them look a little better. The two smaller clusters create a visual triangle. One of the clusters is grounded by bleeding off the edge of the page. The Title cluster is grounded by the small ledge of paper.

I also used the required elements for the current Scrap Our Stash WASHI challenge. I used Washi tape, Alphas, Spray Mist, Handwritten journaling, and inked edges


I found some old rolls of film and had them developed. Only a few of the photos were viable. They were all grainy though. I reprinted these in smaller sizes and the quality improved.  Once again I m reminded of all the ways that he explored his environment. To most people, this is a child getting into mischief. To me, he's learning something new. He's wondering what happens when he pulls the laundry out of the basket. To me it's an opportunity to teach him "give me". To me it's a reminder of how far he has come, how much he has learned. It is also a chance to see what he still likes to do. 

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. Come back again. There is always lots to share.

Supplies: CS-Bazzill, PP & journal card-Lilly Bee, die cuts-Crate Paper, Lilly Bee, wood pieces, American Crafts, Crate Paper, Wasi-Queen & Co and Bella Blvd, Alpha-Basic Grey, enamel dots-MME, thread- DMC, mist-Studio Calico


10 comments:

  1. Well done with the Washi Challenge Devra!! Those pics are adorable!!
    So glad you joined us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice page Devra and cute photos! Great job on the stash challenge! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout, Devra! He is so young here! What a cutie! Love all the little supporting detail elements. Thanks for linking up at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome layout! thanks for playing with Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices on the items used in the stash challenge. Love the paper choices. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome job-love the color choices, especially the pops of yellow and royal blue! Wish I could troll around your embellishments, they are pretty awesome! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable Devra. Love the idea using Kraft paper for the background. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining the Scrap Our Stash Challenge!

    ~Robin Redd
    Scrap Our Stash Design Team

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS