GO CUBS! (part 2 of...)

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Please go here for Sketches With Color post

Yes, I am a Cubs fan.  So yes, there will be many GO CUBS pages, so there will be part, 3, 4, etc....  What makes that fun is that is a part of who we are. I get to document my son and his different stages of interest in Baseball. Sadly, it didn't last very long.  But  I have fun pictures that go with the memories.

This was the big "sign writing" stage that my son was in. He was in 2nd grade. He knew how to write fairly well. He was so into his markers.  He was always writing, drawing, coloring.  I love that he decided to make a sign to take to the game.  Why am I telling you this you ask?

It's May 1 and that means a new challenge is up at About a Boy. Today's challenge: Boys will be Boys. My older son isn't really the 'rough and tumble' type of boy. He's always been the creative type. I love that these photos capture who he is as well as him doing a typical boy thing.  Now my younger son, well, that's a Boys will be Boys story for another day....


For Father's Day, we gave Dad tickets to the game, as well as a personalized brick that would be placed on the new walkway in front of Wrigley Field.  We had received a letter with our copy of the brick, telling us how to find the one at Wrigley.  I think I was as excited as they were about going to the game!

I realized as I was working on this page that I am running out of baseball themed papers! I started with a Creating Keepsakes sketch, grabbed what baseball stuff I could find, and just put the page together.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Regardless of the type of boy you have, I'm sure you have photos of them doing what makes them who they are.  Grab them and come play along at About a Boy!

Supplies:
PP-SEI, Fancy pants
CS-Bazzill
Die Cuts & Stickers-Fancy Pants
Cubs logo-EK Success
Alphas-Thickers by AC
brads-making memories

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS