The New* Me

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Well, the Bar Mitzvah has come and gone. It was a wonderful day that went by too fast.   I'm home from vacation and I'm even caught up on DT LO's.  So, what now?  I don't think I've been this excited to write a blog post in a long time.  Why you ask? Because it's the first page in a very long time that I did just for me.  Not for a DT requirement, not from a kit club, just for me.  I also can get back to my own personal challenge for this year, trying at least one new challenge blog a month.

For this month, I am playing along at About a Girl.  How fun for me!  My life revolves around my two boys and my husband. Even my dog is a boy.  I rarely get to scrap about girls, or use anything pink, frilly and girly.  I've been trying to do more pages about me, both now and when I was younger. This is the perfect opportunity.

The first challenge at About a Girl this month is to use the word NEW somewhere in the page. I knew exactly what I would do.


I recently got braces. It's something I've been thinking about for years. (but first I had to overcome my fear of the dentist). Anyway, my older son got braces earlier this year, so I thought if we did it together, I wouldn't chicken out.  So, for the next 9-12 months, this is the NEW me.  Brace Face, Metal Mouth, Tinsel Teeth.  Whatever you want to call me, I am still me, and proud of it.


Since I haven't scrapped regularly in over a month, I needed a jump start.  Lately my go to sketch site Inspired Blueprints.  I found this sketch to get me started:


I moved the banner underneath the photo.  I embossed using a stencil and versamark ink at the top and bottom, then stitched through it to make it look like braces.  I even used silver letters in the title.  oh, and of course, bling!

Thanks for taking a look today.  Go ahead and take a look at About a Girl and Inspired Blueprints too!

Supplies:
CS-Bazzill
PP-Fancy Pants
Twine-MME
Bling & Stencil-Hobby Lobby
Ink-Versamark
Alphas-Fancy Pants and Thickers
Washi-Papyrus








12 comments:

  1. Great layout & I love the tags. Thanks for joining us at AAG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page with all the tags! good on you for getting braces! It is a big decision when you are older. Thanks for playing along at AAG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you changed the sketch up a bit! Such a fun LO too! Thanks for joining us @ AAG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute layout! Love the fancy pants, and good luck with the braces:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devra great page and way to go scrapping yourself. So many times we as scrappers tend to scrap everyone but ourselves. I have vowed to do more of that this year! thanks for joining us at AAG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice page! I love all your little jewel embellishments. Just a fun little pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page! Thanks for sharing at AAG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to you for scrapping yourself! It's important because while preserving memories of our kids for our kids is important, it's equally important for future generations to know a bit about who WE are/were...as women, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, etc. And I must say I absolutely ADORE this layout. The colors are fabulous and you interpreted the sketch really nicely. Thanks for playing along with us at AAG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So neat that you scrapped about yourself...love how you turned the sketch around! I really like the tags, twine, layering, and the neat stamping & stitching in the corners! Wow! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love this layout! The tag banner is so cute and I admire that you based this on you!!! Thank you for participating at About A Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got braces as an adult too and am so thankful I did it!

    I love your layout documenting your temporary smile!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS