WASHI

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hi there.  Posting just for fun today.  I've been taking classes at BPC, creating many LO's because of the classes. But that also gives me time to browse around looking at various challenges blogs for inspiration.

Today I am sharing a LO created for BPC Art & Science, inspired by the Triple 'S' challenge at SWAT, and the Splatter & Chatter challenge at Twisted Tuesday.  Been watching both of these blogs for a while, but haven't had the chance to play along.



For BPC, I had to create a photo collage, then use it on a LO. OK, I can do that.  I looked thru my photos and decided to be silly. I've been a bit washi crazy lately and thought it would be fun to play with that.  I saw a LO on the Simple Stories blog used a heart overlay. Great idea! I laid a rainbow of washi on white CS, cut a heart out of the kraft paper.   From there I added the stitching around the heart, stamped the heart and the question mark in the title, then splattered around the page. The word 'washi' in the title and the circle/arrow are cut from a sheet of washi.  Seriously fun page both to create and also the topic.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will become a follower if you aren't already. I create and post regularly.

Supplies:
CS-Paper Essentials
Washi-MME, Scotch, Doodlebug, Recollections, Target, Theresa Collins, Darice, WRMK, Pebbles
Stitch template-Bazzill
thread-DMC
alphas-Simple Stories, Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket
stamps-Hero Arts, Lawn Fawn
Ink-Mementochipboard-bazzill

23 comments:

  1. Great page! Love the bright colors and fab use of washi on a page about washi! :-D Thanks for playing along with the SWAT 3 S's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the love of washi!! I love your heart. Thanks for playing along at SWAT. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable page. I did a washi heart once. So fun. And you sure do have a huge selection of Washi Tape. So glad I saw this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout! I Love Washi but not quite as much as you. Love the heart & stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and colourful! Great use of washi and splatter! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges! Hope to see you back real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. Very nice selection of photos to make a bright and cheerful page. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout! Love the photos and the way you used the Washi Tape. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a serious washi stash! Cute way to display it using the large heart! Thanks for joining us over at SWAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your washi heart and what a great layout!! Thanks for linking up over at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your use of washi--and you are seriously addicted. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a chance to play along with us. This is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Twisted Tuesday! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout, so bright and fun! I have a ton of washi but never use it. I am a new follower...come visit me some time at www.kitchensinkcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic brightly coloured page love the washi heart and splatters,great photos and hope to see you in our challenges again now you have taken the plunge-thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you took the plunge Devra, and joined us at Twisted Tuesday for the Splatter & Chatter Challenge!! Your layout is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your LO made me smile, so very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Your big heart is so pretty and creative and the subtle splatters add a lot to your project, too!

    Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, oh Washi! I am in LOVE with this!! The giant heart is SO awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute way to document one of your passions!!
    Thanks for playing with us at S.W.A.T!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks amazing! Thanks for joining us over at SWAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you used the washi on this. The colors are great.Thank you for sharing at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving that washi heart! You did a fabulous job with the challenge for SWAT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So fun! What a great way to use up your washi and dedicate a page to it! And I'm going crazy over that thick black stitching. Thanks for joining us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous layout! I love how you used the Washi tape and splatters! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS