LOAD #9-Home

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ok, another light hearted project completed.  Today's LOAD prompt is: Home Sweet Home.
In this pile of photos I was given, there were a few of our house when we were adding the second story to it.  The day the contractor came over to start the demolition, he handed my sister and I a rock and told us to throw it through the window from the inside, out.  My friend Rachel had just arrived to pick me up for our walk to school. He handed her a rock as well, and the 3 of us did and we were told.  It was the weirdest feeling to be doing that to my house.  Finally though, later that year, I was going to have my own room.  I loved that house and living in it.  When my parents sold it, my sister and I said that someday we would like to buy it back....

I feel like brown goes with pictures of houses, kraft actually. I've been using so much kraft, I needed to choose something else.  So I used brown Bazzill CS for the background and used some scraps and some chipboard embellies and twine from the MME Kraft FunDay.  Thickers, CC Tiny Type, Pebbles Kraft alpha letters round it out.  I fussy cut the chevron pattern on all the PP.  The sketch is from the SLS eBook.
Can't wait for tomorrow's prompt.  You can check out LOAD at www.layoutaday.com

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS