LOAD #10-Ice Cream Sundays

Friday, February 10, 2012

Yes, another fun one, but yes, I cried while I typed.  LOAD Prompt for today: A Favorite Memory.  The first thing that came to mind was ice cream with Grandpa. We used to give Grandpa a coupon book for his birthday. The coupons were for him to take us out for ice cream every month.  Oh how we looked forward to that!  I know that if I asked my sister for a favorite memory, she'd say the same thing.  It was our special thing to do with Grandpa.  I only wish I had a more appropriate picture.  I only have pictures of Grandpa and I when I was a baby, and none of my sister and I with him.  Have to "borrow" some from my Dad I guess....

I was thinking frosty pastelly colors, of which I don't own a lot.  I remembered I still had some unfinished pages from a SEI class I took at CKC in November.  I changed up the embellies and moved the journaling and title to other areas on the page.  Pretty much what I had in mind. All supplies are SEI, except the title letters are Sassafrass.

Oddly enough, I recently did this same prompt for a CK Challenge and it was about my other Grandpa.

3 comments:

  1. Really cute layout! I love how you are finishing your pages from CKC...I still have some to finish from last March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Devra! The ice cream embellies are perfect for this lovely memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ice cream cone border! I love good memories!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS