16 Things

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Hey there and good morning! Not sure about you, but when I journal on my pages, it usually in a small space that doesn't disrupt the design.  Today on the Get It Scrapped blog, we are sharing ways to make those stories the focal point of your pages. 

Birthdays with my son are special. Every year I write a Facebook post about how far he has come, of how he has changed. This year I wrote something different, in a list form, sharing who he is, with anecdotes and details so that others can see that his disability doesnt define him, or me.

I typed up the story which I dont usually do. I handwrite all my journaling. I placed it on a dark colored matte so it would stand out. The photo and embellishments are small and are there to support the story. You cant tell a story about him with out having a visual...

This particular story was easy to tell and easy to feature. I would use this approach for other easy stories again.


I wanted a happy festive feel to the page, but a design that would focus on the story. I used Simple Stories Li'l Dude whose stripes, dots and sentiments matched not only the feel, but sentiments in my story. This also gave me a chance to play along at Paper Issues with the Listful Thinking challenge. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I have a lot going on this month, so come back again soon.

Supplies: cardstock-American Crafts, Paper, stickers, chipboard, die cuts-Simple Stories, Printer-Epson

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS