Caucus Day

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Hey there! I know Ive been lacking on the blog posts lately. Eventually I'll get back up to speed. In the meantime, I have for you today the new sketch challenge at Stuck?! Sketches


This was a fun one for me. I generally use 4x6 photos and will adjust a sketch designed for smaller photos when I can. This sketch just didn't look right to me with larger photos.   It was a fun challenge to use smaller photos. I originally just had the larger rectangular paper instead of a circular element. i realized it was too angular and needed a soft edge. I chose a doily, sprayed some mist over it to get the shade of blue I wanted.  I really like the way this page turned out.   


I have never lived in a state that holds a Presidential caucus instead of a Presidential primary.  I didn't really know how it worked, but I wanted to participate in the 'voting' process. I found out that the caucus location, date and time all happened to magically align for me to attend, so I did! The process was interesting and I also learned how the political parties work in our state. The morning was educational, a new experience for me and fun because I bumped into a friend while there. 

Playing along gives you an opportunity to win prizes from our generous sponsors. Please read the rules on the Stuck?! Sketches blog.

$20 gift certificate


2 large pieces of chipboard

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I have lots to share, and lots to say, so come back again soon.

Supplies: CS, alpha-American Crafts, PP, chipboard-BellaBlvd, sequins-Studio Calico, Michaels, mist-Studio Calico, Tattered Angels, Heidi Swap, Doily-BoBunny, glitter-Martha Stewart,  Stitch Template-Bazzill, thread-DMC, 

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS