We Love the Cubs

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Eeeek! I finally can share this page!!!  I have had so much fun crating the last few weeks. Some for myself, some for gifts, and some for assignments. This one falls under assignments for Get It Scrapped. Today's blog article is discussing what you do when you have no mojo

This topic came at a great time for me. I had not had consistent time to craft and felt like my mojo was out of sync.  When this happens, I turn to sketches. Page design has always been a stumbling block for me. Using a sketch gives me a starting point. I find my sketches from several challenge blogs I follow, then Pin them to my Pinterest boards. My boards are set up by number of photos on the sketch, so it is easy for me to find a sketch that inspires me, as well as it being appropriate to the photos I have ready. The other thing that helps wit mojo, is inspiring product. I was giddy over this Doodlebug Design baseball collection and used it on several projects last month.

The sketch I used for this page is from Sketch Savvy.  I flipped it on it's side, and reversed it in order for it to work with my photo. I liked the design in combination with the photo and the product I chose. The papers are boldly colored and printed. The blocked design enabled me to used several prints without overwhelming the photo, and the page as a whole. 




The Cubs were in the playoffs this year. We found a Cubs family photo from the last time they were in the playoffs in 2007, and decided it was time for a new one.  If you know me, you know I love baseball. I live for baseball season. I also love the Chicago Cubs, and have since I was 16 years old. It is a BIG DEAL when  they are in the playoffs. So we have to make the most of every game.

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. Come back again soon, I have lots to share.

Supplies: Cardstock-The Paper Company, Patterned Paper, stickers, twine, die cuts, enamel pieces and Alphas-Doodlebug Design, adhesive-CosmoCricket, EKSuccess, pen-EK Success
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS