Ice Ice baby

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Good morning. Wow. mid September already. I guess I better start thinking about fall. I keep thinking it's still summer. Well, regardless, It's time for a new challenge at Picture This and I did create a very summery layout for this challenge:

Sunburst + 2 photos + buttons

This is labor of love. All. That. Stitching. But it was my own choice. Yes, the colors are bright, but it needed some texture. I took my color cue from the sign in the photo. The sunburst is so bold, I kept the embellishing to a minimum. I used the arrows pointed to focus on the photos. And then there is the title, but what would one of my pages be without  some humor in it? Looking for buttons? I used a small flair button. How's that for thinking outside the box?


We are so fortunate to have family that lives in So. California. It's a summer destination every year. I love dawdling down he small main street either by myself or with my son. This is a little local coffee join t I frequent when we visit. This day, he noticed the sign for shave ice and asked for one. Who am I to say no? But he's so funny. He says that the best part is not the first few bites. It's when the ice has melted a little and you get into the bowl where all the syrup is. ok then. Enjoy buddy!

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. I've got lost more to share, so come back again soon

Supplies: CS- Bazzill, PP-American Crafts, thread-DMC, stickers-MAMBI, paint-Crayola. acrylic-ColorCast Designs. flair-October Afternoon, enamel dots-MME, Silhouette

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS