The Book Of Life

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hello again. Red Carpet Studio has a new challenge today. Create a project inspired by this movie poster. Easy enough right?

The Book of Life

I pretty much went no further than "Book". I had set aside this cork title with this photo several weeks ago. This was the perfect opportunity to finally put a page together. I have finished a few other page about my son reading and his love of books. To make this one different, I used the speech bubbles to house the titles of some of the books he read at this age. I think that will be fun to look back on. 


I love cork. It goes great on boy page. It's timeless. And what a bonus it's part of this paper! I purposely stayed away from green elements for this page so the green of his shirt would wind up being the focus. Although this is a school themed collection of paper, I liked the lined papers as a way to work with the idea of reading. The speech bubbles became a large part of the design, which led me to keep the rest of the embellishing fairly simple.

Cant wait to see you adding your projects over at Red Carpet Studio.  Thanks for looking today. Hope to see you taking a peek again at my creative view.


Supplies: PP & stickers-Simple Stories, brads-Making Memories, Simple Stories, washy-queen & Co, Twine-Doodlebug Designs, cork-Fancy Pants, Freckled Fawn, clip-Target, mist-Studio Calico


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS