On This Day

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Good morning. It's a double post day for me. If you are looking for today's Child's Play Challenges post, please go here.  

I have a new LO in the article up on the Get It Scrapped blog. It's about pre-scrapbook storytelling. In other words, how and where do you share your story, before you actually get it down into an actual scrapbook layout. 


I shared this photo and story about my son walking with our dog on Instagram right when it happened. I did this because it was an incredibly important moment that we knew would happen eventually, but we didn't know when. The journaling is straight out of the moment, with no preparation. I was so excited at what was happening, I typed the words as they came to me. I can always add more as hidden journaling, or write on the back of the page.

I chose products to highlight the photo. They are softer colors so the photo stands out. They also signify a tender moment.  The embellishments show motivation and celebration, as well as the relationship between my son and our dog: playmates. The title is large, drawing attention to it directly  and it's meaning.

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. There are many more examples on the Get It Scrapped blog. Head over there for more wonderful ideas.

Supplies-CS-Bazzill, PP-Crate Paper, Washi-MME, Wood pieces-Freckled Fawn, Crate paper, Citrus Twist Kits, Epoxy hearts-Freckled Fawn, Cardstock Stickers-Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants, ink-Colorbox

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout! I love the large wood title!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day you posted this! Such a great layout for the memory

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS