H2O, Beach, Sand & Sun

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hello, hello!  I'm so happy to share my LO today. It's my first for Get It Scrapped.  The article we are talking about today is using large scale geometric patterns as background for a page. 

I went BOLD.



My younger son is having the time of his life in the sand at the beach in Hawaii
 
I used circles as my background shape.  The bright colorful circles remind me of the sun, beach balls and beach umbrellas on a hot day.  The circles work here with the color of the shirt in the photo, as well as it being a beach themed page.  


In order to still showcase the photo, I used a contrasting shape papers (stripes and chevrons) and a large matte. The repetition of the colors in the striped paper tie the page together. the papers act as embellishments themselves, so small clusters to enhance the beach theme is all that is necessary.

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. 
 
Supplies:-Papers-Simple Stories, BoBunny, Stickers-Simple Stories, twine-Doodlebug Designs, Bling-MAMBI, Queen & Co, Enamel Dots-My Minds Eye, Wood Veneer-Studio Calico, Alpha-Americn Crafts, Ink-ColorBox, Pen-EK Success

3 comments:

  1. Adorable page! LOVE the bright colors and that wonderful polka dot background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you went bold. This looks amazing! Such a bright and happy page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you went bold. This looks amazing! Such a bright and happy page!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS