Rising Sun

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Good morning! Whoa. I've been lagging on my blog posts. Busy week, not a lot of play time for me.  Enough with that. Time to get back to business.  Today is my reveal at ScrapStuffz' Inspired by.  I really liked this month's inspiration photo


When I first looked at the photo, I saw a rainbow of colors. Bright colors. Colors I like to use. Want to see what I came up with?


Not even close!  I was walking my dog about a week ago. I came around a curve and saw the sun burning through the morning fog.  I knew when I took the photo, what I wanted to do instead. Turns out, it wasn't so much the colors after all. It was the burst that they created.

I applied some knew found knowledge about gained from the Photo Play seminar at Masterful Scrapbook Design/Get it Scrapped.  I extended the colors in the photo out onto the page. I mixed some paint colors, painting lighter to darker around the photo, in between the bursts, mimicking the background of the photo. After painting, I used the same colors to stitch along the lines to give it some texture. My journaling is a six word memoir. the embellishments are subtle, but add some shine, like the sun rising.

This is my new favorite page.

Come take another look at the inspiration photo. What sparks ideas for you? We at ScrapStuffz' Inspired by want to know.

Supplies:
PP & border sticker-Sassafrass Lass
Thread-DMC
paint-making memories
bling-Queen & Co
enamel dots-Basic Grey

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the rays and the stitching and the lovely colorful background! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS