The "Goils"

Saturday, August 31, 2013

If you are looking for Sketches with Color post, please go here.

Good morning and happy September. Wow, how did that happen so quickly?  Summer sure zoomed by and I don't even feel like we did anything.  Well anyway, a new month means new scrapbook challenges. New challenges mean new reveals today.  and since it is Sept 1, it is a double reveal day for me.   This first LO is for About a Boy.  For our first challenges this month, we are having a crossover event with About a Girl.  The challenge is use black and white and one other color and use a photo with girls in it!  Oh Yay, girl colors!



So the title of my LO...Yes, it's a funny looking word, but it has a whole lot of meaning to my family and I.  It's something my Grandfather used to say when all his girls were around, he called us his "Goils". Sadly, this photo is more than 5 years old and one of the more recent photos of my sister, Mom and myself.

I have so say, I am out of practice with the girl colors!  I don't have a huge selection of flowers, pink and purple stuff.  Well, since we are all wearing black in the photo, I needed something to brighten up the page.  I found this magenta-ish colored scrap and decided to use that after distressing the edges a bit. I used a stencil to create the stitched circle.  Fortunately I did have some bing in a similar color, but I did have to borrow the mist and washi from a friend.  I cut a very large black bling flourish into smaller pieces. I tilted all the letters in the title because the word is so silly, the letters needed to look that way too!

Thanks for taking a peek. Please come play along with our crossover challenge at About a Boy!  I also have another post and reveal today. I hope you'll take a look.

Supplies:
CS-Bazzill, DCWV
Stencil-TCW
bling-Hobby Lobby, unknown
Washi-Recollections
Mist-Tattered Angels
Journal tag-MME
Alphas-Cosmo Cricket, Thickers
pen-Souffle

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS