The Hive

Friday, June 14, 2013

Good Morning!  It's Double Post day again!  These will also be the only posts for the next week or so.  Big family event coning up!!!

Anyway, back to today's LO.  First up is m LO for the 6/15 Sketch With Color.

Here is the color scheme and sketch


And here is my LO


I have to say that both this sketch and color scheme were really tough for me! But I battled through and  once again, I've been taken out of my comfort zone!  I chose the photos first.  I thought they would be good for these colors. When I began, I went through my scraps first.  That helped me decide what colors I wanted to be dominant.  I don't use a lot of purple, so that worked for me to use it as an accent color in the flowers and stitching.  The funniest thing was that I knew I had seen these wood bees at my LSS. At least I thought I had. It took 2 trips to the store and a Facebook post from them to me to find them!  I altered them with some black Stickles before adding them to the page.  ALl in all, I'm pretty happy with this!

Come on by and join us at Sketch With Color!

Supplies:
CS-Bazzill
PP-MME, Bo Bunny
Thread-DMC
Flowers-random
Bling-Queen & Co
Wood veneer-Kaiserkraft
Twine-The Twinery
Mist-Fireworks
Stencil-Crafters Workshop
Stickles


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS