Pointing Fingers

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Oh I can't believe I forgot to write this post!  Well, that goes to show how out of control life got last week.  I'm glad that's over.  At least there is a second reveal at Sketches in Thyme using the same sketch, #112.

When I first saw the sketch, I panicked.  I use primarily 4x6 photos.  This is out of my box!  However, I also knew right away what photos I would use.


For those that are new to me and my blog, my son has special needs.  This is a milestone for him, and an incredibly important one.  He has finally figured out pointing with one finger, something he has not been able to do until very recently.  This quite literally, puts the world at his fingertips.  I am so happy I was able to grab a few quick shots before we left for school.  He opened the book and pointed to quite a few animals on the pages.  I tried to capture the action as well as some of him.  I think I did that.

I tried to keep this fairly simple.  The sketch itself has a lot going on.  I only used 2 papers. The rest is washi tape and die cuts. And really, I tried to keep the focus on the photos.  I used the arrows to move the story across the page.

I am hoping you'll stop by Sketches in Thyme and join in the fun.

Supplies-
CS-Bazzill
PP-MME
Washi-Bella Blvd, Echo Park
Die & stamp-hero arts/Sizzix
ink-Stazon
Stickles
Alphas-Thickers


3 comments:

  1. Glad you documented this important milestone---and you did it so well:) love the strong vertical elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful accomplishment!!! I am so happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very special layout....love the washi tape, arrows & neat photos!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS