New Car

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yes, that's correct. Two posts this week.  That's because I have another new challenge for you. This time it's brought to you courtesy of Child's Play Challenges. Today's post is the Classic Toy Challenge:Matchbox Cars

Oddly enough, these were not high on my boys priority list of things to play with.  My older son had a truck full of them. Literally. It was a toy semi truck with slots for cars on the sides of the trailer.  You want to know what he did most often when he did play with them?  He sorted them by color, parts of the cars that moved, 2 door, 4 door....get the idea?  Rarely did he ever play with them as just, well, cars. Needless to say, I don't have many photos of him playing with cars. Those that I do, I have already scrapped.  So, here is what I did instead:


I took this photo when I picked up my car on Dec 29, 2010.  It was a huge moment for me.  I had done (almost) everything by myself to get this car.  It's a big step up from my previous car, with all the bells and whistles.  I have to say, I earned this one....
I started with a sketch from Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge.  (I know the challenge is over, but I wanted to credit them anyway).  I also drew inspiration from Get It Scrapped/Debbie Hodge.  I grabbed some color and some neutrals an went to town, but still kept it simple.  I've really been liking subtly printed papers as backgrounds for my LO's lately.  I tried something new here as well. I used a 12x12 stencil as the template for the stitching, as well as using it with ink pads to do the circles and the circle bursts behind the photo.  I repeated the PP at the top left, adhering it with some washi tape, then repeated the tape in the title at the lower right After adding a few chipboard pieces and some ink splatters, I was done.

I hope to see you playing along at Child's Play Challenges this week.

Supplies:
PP-SEI, MME, Tape-Recollections, Stencil-Crafters Workshop, Ink-VersaMagic, ColorBox, Thread-DMC, chipboard pieces-MME, Alphas-Thickers, Mists-Studio Calico, Tattered Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS