Crazy for Chevrons

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Well, It's that time again...It's April 1 so that means it's time for another challenge at About a Boy! Today's challenge is to use chevrons on a page about that special guy in your life. ALright. Easy enough!  I have plenty of chevrons in my stash.  Hmmm, so where should I start?  Patterned paper? Washi tape? A stencil or die cut?  Well, I started with this awesome Inspired Blueprints Sketch #86  and went on from there.  I had so much fun with this page. It's one of those that make me smile. I love every little thing on  it.


I started with patterned paper, then the details fell into place rather quickly.  I decided to use a small pattern for the canvas base.  Plain CS was a little flat and I didn't like the way it looked.  Since there are multiple colors in the photo, I chose to use a multi colored chevron.  It gave me more flexibility for colors with the embellishments.  I used a tonal pattern paper next. But it looked empty, so I added a couple of strips of washi tape, aimed at the photo.  Empty no more.  I'm not a doily person.  Having boys, I can't find a whole lot of use for them.  But circles I can work with.  I cut the circles from another piece of patterned paper, then stitched around them to mimic more chevrons.  Doing that actually created some repetition of that pattern.  Then came the embellishments. Since the chevrons and colors are so bold, I kept them to a minimum. Two stickers at the corners of the photo that enhance the thought of sleep in the photo.  I stuck some pins in them that run right into the splattering of not only paint, but brads and some wood veneer stars.  The title is actually the last few words of the journaling.

Come join us this go around at About a Boy and show us what you can do with chevrons and your boys!

Supplies:
PP-Echo Park, Scenic Route, Studio Calico (I think), Washi-Echo Park, Brads-Making Memories, Mist& wood veneer-Studio Calico, Pins-MME, Stickers-Cosmo Cricket, Stitch template-Bazzill, Thread-DMC, Alphas-OA and Thickers

4 comments:

  1. Truly love this one!!! One of my favorites of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! love the colors and shapes. I haven't jumped on the chevron tend yet...but I think I may have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the mix of pp with the chevrons, layering, and clever use of washi tape! Loving the circles & stitching and brad placement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the vivid colours you used! Beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS