Me @ Six

Monday, December 17, 2012

Well, Hanukkah is over. The good thing about Hanukkah being so early is it forces me to shop early.  As hectic as that can be, it means I have more time later in the month to relax and...scrap?

So yes, my guests have gone, the remaining gifts are wrapped and I went into my room to play!

This is what I whipped up.  I have to say I was very inspired by this months color scheme of black, red and silver over at Black with 2 challenge. These are colors I can work with!

I am also hosting this week's Weekly Challenge at Club CK. I chose a LO challenge of combining something old and something new, in conjunction with the end of this year and the beginning of a new one.

Knowing what colors I was using made it easy to grab supplies.  Black card stock.  When I first read the two colors, I knew I wanted to use my new Heidi Swapp mist and a new Crafter's Workshop stencil!  The color is called Tinsel and it's a super cool, opaque, shiny, SILVER!  I decided to use old photos.  All that was left was the color red.  I gathered paper scraps, old buttons and some bling and went to town...


I went a bit wild with the mist, but I wanted the silver to be visible. I like the way I created a diagonal line with it. It's a contrast to all the circles. It felt good to be scrapping! I'm happy with how this turned out!



3 comments:

  1. LOVE your bg misting ...great story...boys and their toys!!!!!! Thanks for the hop, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devra, this Lo is gorgeous so love the photos too. thanks for playing along at BW2 :) Liz @ http://myworldofscrap-hippychic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great LO! Thanks for playing along with us at BW2.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS