Up One, Down Two,

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Hello there! I'm on the Paper Issues blog this finest of Scraplift Sundays! Oh my do we have a LO to lift today! Stacie created a masterpiece. Man, I don't know if I can do it justice, but I sure tried!

I don't know what is more striking, the background stitching or the fact that it's on a chalked black background...It's genius. All of it. I wanted to recreate it, but in my own way. Well duh, that's why it's called scraplifting... anyway. I thought of using paint, creating streaks with ink, even layers of paper. Then I saw these photos and realized I had to stitch, but in a different way. At the same time, my August Paper Issues Kit and Swag Bag arrived giving me my colors. 

I have a whole bunch of old stitch templates. I used several of those to hand stitch the background, as well as the Pretty Little Studio Clear Stitch Stickers. Once I was done stitching, the rest was fairly simple. As in Stacies, the background speaks for itself! I layered several swag bag papers under the photos adding a few select pieces of PinkFresh Let's Stay Home ephemera and Chipboard flair.  Really, deciding on the background was the hardest part! ok, maybe teaching my son to sew as, but we won't tell him that!


Yep. I think the monotony and isolation of this never ending quarantine has finally gotten to him. He's like me and cant sit and do nothing. He asked me to teach him how to sew. He came home a few weeks ago to visit and that's what we did. He found it calming and relaxing. Mission accomplished. 



Thanks so much for stopping by today! You can find KitsPinkFresh Studio and so much more in the Paper Issues shop.  Don't miss out! Use DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase. Then make all the thinsgs and head over to our Facebook Group for all the fun, games and September Challenges. See you next time!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS