We like Cake!

Monday, September 30, 2019

Hey there! I've got the last post of the month on the Paper Issues blog today. My project is for the Rolling with the Punches challenge.

You know what's funny. I get ideas for using my punches all the time. But when it came to using them for this challenge, I hit a wall. No ideas whatsoever.  So I stopped overthinking and just started creating. I figured they'd find a way on to the page somehow.

First, I grabbed the September Kit. There's got to be some ideas in there right? Yup. I mixed in some Amy Tangerine Slice of Life Thickers in there as well. I was just putting papers and stickers together but it wasn't coming together. Well, thank you border punches. I used the bunting border punch with the blue watercolor paper from the kit. I punched 3 different lengths, glued them in 3 places and now the whole things feels finished. I didn't reinvent the wheel with my punches, but it definitely made a difference.


I spent a few days with my sister over the summer celebrating her birthday. It was a special one, and deserved a special cake. We love cake! Being the cooking show nerds that we are, I ordered her a cake from Christina Tosi's bakery, Milk Bar. OMG, I'm so glad I did. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today.  It may be the last day of September, but all that means is a whole new month of challenges begins tomorrow. Better stock up for the amazing challenges coming your way! Use Devra at checkout in the Paper Issues shop for 20% off your purchase. Head over to the Paper Issues Friends and Fans Facebook group for the last week to enter your projects in the September album





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS