It's OK

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Hello there! I'm so happy to be sharing this page today for the Learning Spaces article at Get It Scrapped.   Homeschooling and creative spaces for children are on the rise. We used the idea of learning spaces as inspiration for the design of our pages. 
I was drawn to the use of neutrals with color. The other thing I noticed was walls were filled with a hodgepodge of items. I took the idea of the walls in the rooms as the main idea of my page. First, the paper I chose is paint brush strokes, like a child's work of art.  I placed several different types of frames on the paper, filling them with a variety of embellishments that pertained to my story.  The result is an organized variety of shape, color and texture to engage the senses, and the viewer. 

My son was so sick he wouldn't leave my side for two days. Most 14 year olds wouldn't be caught cuddling with Mom. I decided that I was ok with him not realizing this social normalcy for someone his age. I took comfort knowing that he knew he needed me.

Supplies: Patterned paper-Shimelle, wood pieces and cork, Freckled Fawn, Shimelle, die cuts, alphas-Shimelle stickers-Shimelle and Freckled Fawn, felt doily-Freckled Fawn, pen and adhesive-EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS