He's a Creeper

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hey, good morning and Happy March! Todays Get It Scrapped article topic is the design principle of  Repetition.   Repetition is just what it sounds like; using items, colors, patterns etc, more than once to help tell the story on your page. Only in scrapbooking, the object is to keep it interesting. I like to vary the shapes, texture, size etc, of what I am repeating to create interest and whimsy. 

My page below, uses primarily 3 colors: black, white and orange. Throughout the page I created repetition in texture with glitter, motif with skeletons, bats, stars and words, and lastly with the color orange in a variety of shapes, tones and patterns. By mixing how I used all of these elements, I created interest all over the page.


My son went to a Halloween party without a costume and came home looking like a creepy character from "The Nightmare Before Christmas".  He had told me his friends were going to make him up to look like a skeleton, but this was way beyond my expectation!

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. Check our the other Get It Scrapped team member's layouts the blog, and while you are there, head over to the Forum and join in our game of Calvinball that begins TODAY!

Supplies-Cardstock-Bazzill, Patterned paper, chipboard-Crate Paper, Foam pieces & Alpha-Thickers by American Crafts, pen-Micron, adhesive-EK Success 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS