Now and Then

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Oh, if ever there was a happy Monday, today is it. Today begins the last week of summer vacation. I have enjoyed every minute, but it is time for everyone to get back into a routine. Speaking of routine, Mondays mean new challenges at Let's Get Sketchy.  Here is this week's sketch and my LO created from it.




This is one of my favorite LO's I've done this summer. I was in a good scrappy groove and it came together quickly.  Ok, the subject made me laugh the whole time I was working on it. Maybe that had something to do with it too.  This summer, my son had been obsessed with slinkies. As I was looking through older photos, I came across this other one from seven years back. My how things change but really stay the same. I guess he liked them then too. Something else that made me laugh was the look on his face in both photos is almost the same.

As far as the sketch, I brought the whole thing onto a smaller block, rather than use the whole canvas. this enabled me to add more embellishments, and play around with the background. I mimicked the slinky idea with the die cut curly cue. One of my favorite things on the page.  The arrows really serve a purpose here as well. They move the eye back and forth, but also can show the time difference.

I really hope you will check out the rest of the teams LO's on the Let's Get Sketchy blog and enter our challenge. Thank you for stopping by my creative view today. You can also find this LO in Issue 4 of the Let's Get Sketchy Magazine.

Interested in being published in the magazine?  All information can be found on the Let's Get Sketchy Magazine blog.

Supplies: PP-Crate Paper, Washi-MME, ink-colorboc, mist-Studio Calico, clips & brad-Freckled Fawn, Alphas-Crate Paper, American Crafts, Embellishments-Crate paper, die cut-Silhoutte


1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS