Destructo Jon'z

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oh, where do I begin today?  Hmm, well, how about today if the inaugural post for Boy Meets Girl challenges. If you were a fan of About a Boy or About a Girl, we have joined into one fun new challenge blog. On the 1st of the month, the Boy challenge will be posted. On the 15th of the month, you will see the Girl challenge. Same great fun and inspiring challenges, just a new name.

So, with that, I will share that today's challenge was about being messy and grungy. Perfect for boys, yet not so perfect for me.  I am not one that embraces the mixed media phenomenon very well.  Oh, I'll use some mist with a stencil, and splatter some paint, but you aren't going to find it layered over paste anytime soon.


I knew what photos I wanted to use right away.  Lucky for me, these photos were going to work well with the messiness of the page. I chose a black background because I thought it was better for effect.  I started y using cotton balls to swoosh the paint out from the center of the page. Then I used the chevron stencil to give it some more energy.  After I laid the photos down, it diet need a lot of embellishing. The paint did a great job of telling the story along with the photos. Just a few arrows, also shooting out from the center with some energy shooting off of them as well. Lastly, a bright yellow title that you just can't miss.  

Part of the idea for the design of this LO came from the Art & Science class at BPC.  Our prompt was to use a pocket to house photos that support the story.  Here is a photo of the LO with the other photos and journaling pulled out of the pocket.


As you can see, this isn't a one time occurrence...One of the things with this guy is he's very curious.  He likes to explore in his own way. I was putting laundry away, and well, my drawers are different than his drawers so she had to check them out.  I know sometimes he thinks he's 'helping' me, but I guess he didn't like my clothes in the drawers...Destructo Jon'z (pronounced Jones): destroys everything in his path.

Please come join us this month over at our new home, Boy Meets Girl.  We want to see how messy and grungy you can be too!

Supplies:
CS-Bazzill
PP-unknown
Paint & staples-Making Memories
Stencil, Mist, wood veneer-Studio Calico
ink-Colorbox
alphas-Doodlebug, Thickers
pen-Souffle
journal tag-Echo Park
paper clip-Target







1 comment:

  1. Love this Devra! The black with bright colors is perfect. So much energy! And the photos are priceless!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS