Hello

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Good Wednesday to you! Today is a packed scrappy day for me. I have 3 reveals for you, which actually means 3 different posts! Be sure to check them all. I'm pretty happy with my creations.

Child's Play Challenges & Club CK May/June Issue Challenge #3 post can be found here
Sketches with Color post can be found here

I think I'll go alphabetically, so that means I'll begin with my page for the newest About a Boy challenge: create a page using only White and one other color.

I had already chosen this photo. It's another great one that my sister took. It's quirky, like the expression on his face as well as the mood he was in. Because his shirt is navy, I could pretty much choose any color to complement the photo. I have been pushing myself to go beyond my obvious. So I decided not to use red, green or blue and went with ORANGE!



I found this fabulous sketch over at Pagemaps, and the rest was easy peasy. Ok, I had to decide how much orange was too much and scale back on the embellishments. I tried to let the papers and the photos speak for themselves, without overwhelming them with extra orange bits!

I hope you will create and share something at About a Boy , using the idea of white and one color to highlight something about your boy.

Supplies:
CS-Bazzill
PP-Simple Stories
Mist-Tattered Angels
Brads-Basic Grey, Making Memories
Buttons and clear gems-random
Twine-Doodlebug
Wood Veneer-Recollections
Washi-Target










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS