The Playoffs

Friday, March 1, 2013

Yup. Two posts in one week. I might get back to form...sometime during the summer...Just kidding.  I'd like to post  at three times a week, but for now I'll settle for two.

Today's LO is brought to you courtesy of About a Boy.  Today is March 1 and that means time for a new challenge: Use old products, (at least one year old), on your page.  Well, that was easy enough.  I have stuff in my stash that I've had for 5+ years...(I probably should use that stuff...).

Anyway, I decided to go sports for this one.  I know I've had these papers for almost 3 years.  I bought them right before we moved in 2010.


I adapted a sketch from Scrapbook Generation.  Thanks to them, I realized I could cut the Cubs paper and use it on both sides of the LO.  Kind of a *duh* moment.  Why didn't I ever think of using pre-designed paper that way before????'  Well, that was all it took for the rest of the LO to come together. I sliced into the large baseball and tucked the photo into it. I love using the "baseball" stitch, and was happy to be able to add it here.  With so many photos and pre-embellished paper, lots of extra embellishments weren't necessary, so I just played into the theme and added the baseball 'gear'.  Is it my most artistic LO? No, but it is clean and tells a great story.

I hope yo will create a LO using your old stuff and post it over at About a Boy

Supplies:
PP-Making Memories, the Sports Collection
Thread-DMC
Stitch template-Bazzil In Stich'z
Brads-Recollections, KI Memories
Cubs embellies-EK Success
Alpha-Thickers

2 comments:

  1. Very clever! Love the bb stitching, makes a neat border! Congratulations on posting to your blog twice in one week...something I would like to do more often! Great job with your About a Boy challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS