Just Sharing

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Well, summer has always been hard for me to find the time to scrap.  Thankfully, this summer I have Club Ck as well as a few scrappy challenge blogs to keep me going.  I may not be creating as much as I do during the school year, but I haven't come to a complete halt either.  Each of the past few weeks, I've finished just one LO per week, but it's still better than nothing. At least the mojo is still here, even if the time isn't.  I'm in week 7 of BPC Mother LOAD, and have begun the BPC Big Idea Festival.  My goal is to stay current in MotherLOAD.  Take a look:
This is from Week 6: Begin with the story. These are the friends I made over the last 10 years and left behind in IL.  I miss them terribly.  But now I can open my scrapbook and see them daily. The paper and embellishments are the Abrianna line from K&Company.  I received this from Ben Franklin Crafts monthly Crop a Latte class. It was fun to use some very feminine colors and patterns.

I love this picture and there aren't enough words to describe it. Both my son and his friend have special needs.  They seem to have made friends with each other.  On this day, they just sat so nicely and quietly, sharing and enjoying the movie on the DVD player.

This I did just today for many challenges. (I love it when that happens!) The LO was inspired by a sketch from August 2011 PageMaps
-Club CK Issue Challenge #6-use eyelets (brads in my case)
-Club CK Project Runway Challenge-#3-Stilts-create your LO on a different size paper than you normally use.  I did the whole LO on 8.5x11 before mounting it onto 12x12 card stock
-BPC MotherLOAD-use color to help tell the story.  Blue + monsters+little boys=a great story
-BPC Big Idea Festival-Day #1-Share.  This is probably the only LO I'll get done within a day of the challenge.  Thank goodness I have until the end of the class to load my projects!



Most of the BIF is going to have to wait for MY BIG FUN SCRAPPY GETAWAY. But stay tuned.  I will have one more LO later this week. I'm participating in my first BlogHop!   Come back this weekend to see what else I've created.  Follow me and you'll be entered for a prize!

2 comments:

  1. Great layouts! I love the feminine touches of the first one and the fun design elements of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layouts! I love the girliness of the first one.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS