A few new things

Monday, July 25, 2011

Not very much time to scrap over the last few days.  I spent so much time helping Evan while he was working on his Book of Snickers, that I didn't get anything of my own finished.  That's ok.  It was time well spent and worth every moment.

I did manage to get these 2 LOs completed.  Both use sketches, and both were inspired by the BPC classes I am taking.  MotherLOAD and Design Challenges.

MotherLOAD week 4 assignment- Use PP and items you've been "saving" for the perfect time to use them.  Design Challenge #7-Use bold PP on a multi photo LO.

This first one uses Sketchy Thursdays 7/21 sketch. I love the sketch and thought it would be easy for me to use.  Boy was I wrong.  It took me a long time to finish it.  I was having a hard time trying to make it work.  I thought about starting over, but I've never done that before and wasn't going to start now.  I decided to walk away for a while.  I came back to it, added the paper strips and title and left it at that.  I like it more than I thought would.  A great challenge for me!

This next one uses the 7/21 sketch from Sassy Li'l Sketches.  Another awesome sketch.  Had an easier time with this one, but I wasn't sure about using so many bold PP.  I thought maybe it was too busy.  I decided to run with it.  It's a fun and playful LO.  I'm happy with the results.

6 comments:

  1. Loving your lo's!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both of them are great! And yay for you for doing the Mother LOAD - maybe I'll get brave enough one day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, both are fabulous layouts , love the banners and the gorgeous colours such happy pieces. Thanks for joining us at SLSand good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you did with the banner! You rocked it! Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really colorful and nice !! :o)
    Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS