Feel the Love

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Hey there! Good morning and Happy February. Wow. That happened fast! I'm so happy to be the first to share a project in the new challenge format for on the Paper Issues blog today. What new format you ask? Well, today, we revealed ALL of the February challenges. That gives all you crafty friends the whole month to play along with all of them! Each day here on the blog, we will share a project featuring one of our challenges. Ready?

I have for you, something I made for one of everyone's favorite challenges, Take 5 Tuesday.  Here is the new board:


Let's just start with my items, then how I can tell you how I got to them. It may be more than 5! 
1. Red, 2. Patterned Paper 3. Turquoise, 4. Stitching, 5. Heart,  as well as white, polka dots, flair and something shiny. 

First I had my photo. Look at my sweet boys! I feel the love! No matter the differences between them, they are still brothers who love each other. 

So, I started with the Heart Grid FREE cut file. It said "Stitch me" loud and clear. I pared it down to 8 hearts, enlarging them for my grid. You know what else was yelling at me? Crate Paper Main Squeeze! See where I'm going with this? 

All the pretty patterned paper fills up the hearts. What's your favorite? I can't choose! Maybe Smooch? I used both sides of that one, because turquoise and kisses. Maybe it's that Purrrfect multi colored scallop. Clearly I couldn't decide, so I used several. 


When it comes to embellishments, I'm not any better at decision making, so I used them all. Yep. Chipboard, which is where the shiny comes from.  


The cardstock stickers  are so fun to layer with the puffy stickers and ephemera


I guess you could also say having lots to choose from made this so easy to put together! Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. I hope I've inspired you to create something new. 

The Paper Issues {Friends & Fans} Fans Facebook group is where you can find all of the February challenges, as well as daily chit chat, fun and games. Every time you create and share a project, it's a chance for you to win a GC to the Paper Issues shop! Speaking of shopping, Crate Paper Main Squeeze is available NOW in the shop. Get it before its gone for 20% off using DEVRA at checkout. 


Supplies: CS-American Crafts, thread DMC, Crate Paper Main SqueezeHeart Grid cut file, Silhouette, A Flair for buttons


SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS