It Happened in 2017

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hey there! Today at Get It Scrapped we are talking about creating a Year in Review on our scrapbook pages. Not just any old review, but creative designs to help tell your stories. 
I do create a year in review page. It's usually more fun for me than this year's was. Creating this page gave me a reason to look for the positive, fun and meaningful moments of the year. 
The design came to me when I saw this Polaroid Frame Banner cut file in the Silhouette store. I thought I could use some of the frames for photos, some for journaling and some to embellish. I altered the file by eliminating some of the frames, adding my own colorful chipboard frames around the photos to highlight them so I could use larger photos.  Two challenges arose while using this design. The first was I couldn't place the photo and journaling next to each other on each 'row'. That called for black arrows to point towards the journaling for each photo. The other was there wasn't much room to embellish. I chose 2 meaning fun ones, hearts to show the family love and month stickers to give the appearance of moving through the year.


Although 2017 wasn't my favorite year overall, there were some standout moments. I chose to focus on some of the most important events and moments, with a silly fun one thrown in there too. 

Supplies: Cardstock & Stickers: American Crafts, Patterned paper-Crate paper, frames-Simple Stories, Alphas-Basic Grey, American Crafts, arrows-Studio Calico, Freckled Fawn, cut file-Silhouette







CREATIVE APPROACHES FOR YOUR “YEAR IN REVIEW” PAGES
Posts on Jan. 30
Year in review pages can be a fun way to combine our favorite moments and stories for the span of a year all in one page or spread. 
Your assignment is to find a creative way to present these moments and stories on the page. These pages should combine 5+ photos and a good deal of journaling in a standout way. We’re looking for something more than a straightforward grid/block design for this page, push the envelope and look for other approaches to present the photos and story on the page 
1. What is the story/message behind the page?
2. Do you regularly make “year in review” pages or was this a first?
3. What was the biggest challenge that you encountered with this approach and how did you address this challenge in your page design?
4. What creative approach did you take to presenting multiple photos and ample journaling on the scrapbook page?
5. Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS