Nani Love

Monday, June 15, 2015

Hey there!  It's a busy day around here. First up I have a project for the new challenge at Picture This. This week's challenge is 
one photo + stencil + paint

Well, this was easy peasy for me. But it was also a good reminder to get out my stencils and actually use them. I use my paints & mists all the time. Stencils, well, not so much. Here I created a subtle background behind the photo and layered papers. The result adds texture to an other wise bland Cardstock base. 

The rest of the page came together nicely. I grabbed some scraps  and an ephemera pack and just started adding pieces, then moving them around until I had an arrangement I liked. Oh, and I was determined to use that large gold acrylic heart! It worked nicely to house the title. The colors are soft, but not dull, and support the photo and story.

I love this photo of my Mom and my son. They have such a sweet relationship. They understand each other. My Mom is patient, playful and loving with him, but firm when necessary. He knows all this, and just loves her for it. 

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. I have another story to tell, so check back again later this morning for another post. 

Supplies: CS-Pulp paper, PP-Crate Paper, Echo Park, MME, die cuts-Crate paper, washi-MME, LittleB, stencil-TCW, mist-Heidi Swapp, alpha-MME 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS