Sea You Soon

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Hey there! I'm on The Cut Shoppe blog today. I'm featuring the new Sea You Soon cut file on my project. But I gotta tell ya', it has nothing to do with the ocean or Sea!


Well, here's the scoop. I live in the Seattle area. Sea is the abbreviation for Seattle as well as the airport call sign. So, I did a play on words creating a page of a recent trip to Pike Place Market!

What to do for a background for this page had me stumped. In the end, white cardstock won out, but with some watercolored splotches painted randomly. I still wasn't sure how this would turn out....

I cut the design out of a dark patterned paper, then backed the SEA with one color and the other 2 words in another. I love the way the SEA stands out. Next, I trimmed the photos before tucking them behind the letters. Lastly, I grabbed some embellishments from Shimelle Sparkle City. They are pretty perfect. Coffee, birds and a city scape with a ferris wheel. I couldn't have put this together any better if I tried.




My family decided to do a summer bucket list this year. We hadn't been down to Pike Place Market in a few years. It was a gorgeous day, there were lots of people and we checked this off our list.

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. Come back again soon. I have more to share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS