Happiness

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Hey there! I'm on the Paper Issues blog today sharing my project for the Sewing Bee challenge.  I went bright and colorful for this one. Shocker, I know. Want another shocker? I love to sew on my pages! 

I'm always looking for different ways to add stitching. Today I cut the Concentric Dotty Circles cut file, sewing with a long vertical stitch.  I chose to stitch each ring in a color that matched the Cocoa Vanilla Happiness collection. It's so pretty!!! Pink and blue and aqua and orange! And flowers! I love, love love how this turned out. 

I used the reverse side of the Sprinkles paper, laid the stitched circles over it. Voilà, a beautiful center piece for my page.  I layered several Ephemera die cuts and 6x12 Accessory Stickers . Oh and I used  frame! Haha another shocker! Again, trying something a little different, I tore some of the Expressive paper tucking it under the circle in the same places as the embellishment clusters. I tore the background paper and tucked some under there too!  I even snuck in a few splatters with the Vicki Boutin watercolor markers, Those things are fun!


This is a photo of my sister and I taken at our cousin's wedding several years ago. It's not often we are together and dressed up! I wanted to make something pretty for such a special photo. 




Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I hope I gave you a new idea to try. Head over to the Paper Issues shop to pick up Cocoa Vanilla Happiness and so much more. Use DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase.  Join us in our  Facebook group, where you can find this and all of our April Challenges.  We love to see what you make!  See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS