Who We Are Now

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Hello there! I'm back already! I have a layout to share today for today's Get It Scrapped blog article, inspired by OOTD and also  A Flair for Buttons.

OOTD is a current trend. There are Facebook groups, bloggers all kinds of places to see who's wearing what. But have you created a scrapbook page inspired by an outfit? That's what we did today.

The inspiration outfit is one of my very favorites from my own wardrobe. It's easy, comfortable and I always feel good when I wear it. The top is loose and flowy but still shapely. The watercolor of the stripes give it a softer organic effect Jeans are a staple for me. They coordinate with everything, like a neutral. The shoes are also neutral, in color but not style. I love the roping around the wedge, and that they go with everything.

I chose to take most of my inspiration from the neutral and organic aspects of my OOTD. The colors, woodgrain patterned paper and stitching on it represent the texture of my shoes, the organic nature of leather and rope as well. The Vicki Boutin embellishments have a watercolor effect to them which also comes from the stripes in my shirt. The butterflies are not only part of my story, but the design of the leather on my shoe has always made me think of butterflies. The marble flair  and lovely words 7 flair I added are really there to add some dimension and tie all the colors together.

This was a thoughtfully cretive way to draw inspiration from OOTD and I would definitely use this approach again.



Our son recently started college, My husband and I are transitioning to our new parental roles.

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I promise I'll be back again soon with more to share.

Supplies: Patterned Paper-Webster's Pages, Vicki Boutin, Diecuts, Chipboard stickers, -Vicki Boutin, Flair-A Flair for Buttons, Alpha-American Crafts, mist-Nuvo, Dylusions, pen & adhesive-EK Success, thread-DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS