Squashed

Monday, September 4, 2017

Well good morning to you this fine Labor Day Monday. Its a new month which means it's time for a New Issue at Paper Issues. Let's Give Them Pumpkin to Talk About why don't we?  Our Issues are so fun. There really are many many ways to interpret the themes. Here are some ideas to get you started:

anything to do with fall (apple picking, fall traditions, pumpkin patch)
favorite thing about fall
use a fall collection for a non-seasonal page......and the list goes on!

I was inspired by fall in general. I had the new Carta Bella Hello Fall to play with as well as some Simple Stories Hello Fall from last year. So that's pretty much where I started. After thinking through some ides, this one kept growing. I altered the Patchwork Pumpkin cut file by erasing the horizontal lines, filling it with larger pieces of patterned paper. The photos were originally one 4x4, but after finding that 'favorites for fall' in the Tags & frames, I cut them apart. I layered some other bits, then added some green for a bit of contrast. I love it and it screams of some of my fall favorites.


There used to be this cute little farm near us that had a fall festival near Halloween time every year. One of my favorite things about it was they had several new varieties of squash I had never seen before, complete with description of flavor and how to prepare them. They were so colorful and unique in shape. I not only took photos, we bought some as well. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. This is a super fun Issue theme and I hope you play along with us, Too can find all of our September challenges in our Facebook group. You have until Oct 2 to enter your projects.

You can get this beautiful  Carta Bella Hello Fall and so much more in the Paper Issues shop. Use my code DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase. See you again soon!


Supplies: CS-Paper Accent, PP-Carta Bella, Simple Stories, photo corners-Queen & Co. die cuts-Carta Bella, clip & enamel dots-Simple stories, twine-Doodlebug Design, flair-A Flair for buttons, spray mist-Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp, Silhouette


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS