Multi Purposing

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Well It's Wednesday.  The only day of the week with no kidtivities.  Phew!  It's also the day a new challenge is up at Child's Play Challenges and the new Issue Challenge is up at Club CK. Well fancy that.  It's my turn for both!

First up is my LO for Child's Play Challenge, Classic Toy Challenge.  Oh I was soooooo excited to see what my inspiration was:


I love Sesame Street.  It's been a favorite in our home for many many years.  I guess one of the good things about having a child with special needs is that certain stages last longer.  Therefore Sesame Street  is still a part of our life. I'll be sad and excited when he moves on.  It will mean he's growing, but it will also mean no more Sesame.  Some of the best characters ever are on that show.  Here is my LO

5 Candles

I have to say this was an easy one for me.  I already had these photos printed of my younger son's 5th Birthday party.  He loved Elmo then, as he still does today.  I made the cake for him.  He recognized Elmo right away.  Since I had just received my Scrapbook Generation monthly kit, I decided to use the papers, but I also decided to use a different SG sketch for it.  I went off of my own ideas for the rest of the detail and embellishments.

This week for the Club CK Issue Challenge I noticed a trend that's been rising lately...Cursive Fonts as titles.  Now I know this has a lot to do with the popularity of the Silhouette, but there are so many other ways to add cursive to a page!

Now You See Me, Now You Don't

I found these photos recently and had completely forgotten about them.   This is the only title that came to mind when I saw the photos.  My entire title is in cursive. I used tiny letters (that are hard to read) as well as two different Thickers fonts.  I decided to play a bit with the Thickers, making one more visible than the other (kinda like my belly in the photos).  

In keeping with my trying new things and places this year, I've used a sketch from Inspired BluePrints for my Club CK page.  I will also be entering this over at Challenge Me Happy.  I've wanted to try them out for a while.  Their Anything Goes Challenge, was a good opportunity this week. Lastly, this is my entry for Frosted Designs-Chevrons.

I know this was long, thanks for reading.  Hope you will come and play this week at Child's Play Challenges and also at Club CK.






8 comments:

  1. Love these! I like the angle to your 2nd layout too...might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the masking & banner with the elmo shirt! I have layouts for DS 1st Birthday with Cookie Monster elements. That was his favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts! I really like the the masking & banner in the birthday layout! Also, the tilt in the second...thanks for the neat challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts!! The chevron strips are a fun element on the second one :) Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Elmo layout is just too cute! I love how you have incorporated the chevrons on the second an the misting is fabulous thanks for joining us a Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layout - love the design and how you used the chevrons xx thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you coordinated the chevron into the design. Very nice. Thanks for playing with Frosted Designs for the Chevron challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun pages! Thanks for playing with us at CMH!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS