bff

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am so happy that school has started.  No, it isn't because my boys were driving me nuts.  We actually had a wonderful summer together.  It's because I haven't had much time to scrap and even less time to keep up on my blogs.  I'm ready to get back to creating and sharing my work.  I might even begin to participate in some challenges again.

I began this LO yesterday, finishing it today. I was inspired by the BPC Big Idea Festival, Day 5.  May Flaum says to just be happy creating.  So I did just that.  The idea for the mists and masks came from ScrapFit.  I was browsing scrappy sites over the weekend and saw that was one of the challenges.  Mists and masks are one of my favorite things to do right now.  I can be free and jsut a little messy, but still be in control.  If I don't like it, I can cover it up or rotate the page. The idea of the 'rays' comes from Club CK Sept/Oct Issue Challenge #1.

I fussy cut the Fancy pants sun/star flipped it over and misted over it in several places using Mister Huey and Glimmer Mists. I let it all dry, then outlined 2 of the misted areas.  I fussy cut 2 more sections of PP adding them to the corners over some Bella Blvd tape.  The Aunthentique friendship sayings and individual words were a perfect addition to the page.  The blue added some contrast to the orange and yellow.  The title is an alpha stamp set by Lawn Fawn.  I filled it in with Twinkling H20's, the blue again as contrast.

I really had fun with this page.  One thing led to another, and it all flowed together.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool artistic flair (or maybe "burst" LOL) to it! I love where you put the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The colors and the misting and masking! Very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is so awesome Derv!! The misting turned out fabulous and I love how you used the negative for the misting and then added the positive fussy cut piece!! Really fun page! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, look at that gorgeous misting!! This looks so fun & bright. I also love your washi tape :) Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS