Quite the Spread

Friday, December 4, 2020

Hey there, hey there. It's my turn on the  Paper Issues Blog today.  I'm making lists of all the things I have...oh wait. Nope, scratch that. I'm sharing my layout for the Makin' a List, Checkin' it Twice challenge!  

So lists! I make them. Don't always follow them. Couldn't come up with one to save my life when I needed to for a scrapbook page. Ahhh, but then Thanksgiving rolled around. There was so much food. Why not list everything we made and ate! So that's what I did. Yep. We had a lot of food

Let me back up a bit though. Thanksgiving and the November kit were made for each other, but I couldn't find a background paper that made me happy, so I made my own. I know, I know, I have hundreds of papers and I couldn't find one? Anyway, Distress Oxides and Vicki Boutin Stencils to the rescue. I smooshed the background then layered darker colors over the stencil. After I painted, I cut, tore layered and glued papers and ephemera. And I have to say the Simple Stories frames were my favorite part of this kit! A little secret? I combined a few of the sticker words to make the word Thanksgiving. It's not perfect, but it works!


Thanks for stopping by today! Head over to the Paper Issues shop to pick up the December Kit and some Distress Oxides. Use DEVRA at checkout for 20% off your purchase. Join our Facebook Group to find this and all of the December challenges. See you again next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS