Sunrise, Sunset

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Hey there paper loving friends! I'm on the Paper Issues blog today with a Pinspirational, Pinsational, Pinspire Me project. Can we talk about how much I love this month's mood board? Lots. A ton. It has color. It has books and paint and donuts. Is that enough? 


Yeah....none of that was my inspiration today. I went in a completely different direction. See that square smack in the center of the grid? Yes. That's the one. It looks divided in half to me. Also like the sun setting over the ocean. Yes, I do know it's yellow, but that's what my creative brain sees. So this is what I came up with. A Yin Yang page divided in half!

I mixed a couple of collections from last fall, One Canoe Two Creekside with Carta Bella Welcome Home. I was looking for muted colors and these worked really well together. I used the sun from the Sun & Fun cut file. I just cut it in half. I layered everything else over it in a mirror image. The two sides of the page pretty much have the same style and types of embellishments. Chipboard, stickers and die cuts all tucked side by side.  The A Flair for Buttons Watercolor Words flair were the perfect addition. the soft color and sentiment fir right in to the page. Are you singing along yet because the title is what joins all of this together and ties right back to that center square! See how I did that?


I've decided the only good thing about the sun rising so late here in the mornings during winter is that I am awake and can take photos. It happened to be a clear day when I could actually see the colors through the clouds. They were pink and blue like cotton candy. It was beautiful. 


Sunsets here are intense. The sky becomes bright with saturated reds oranges and yellows. I treasure the winter sunsets because they are so rare. They too are photo worthy. 


There you have it. I hope I've Pinspired you to join this challenge! You can find it and all the other challenges in the May Challenge Album in our Facebook group. There are several new arrivals in the Paper Issues shop. Get some new Echo Park and Crate Paper now, use DEVRA at checkout and it will be 20% off.  Thanks for stopping by my creative view today and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS