Have You Ever Seen the Rain

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Hey Hey! Just like that it's already April! Wow. That just means more unpredictable weather here. so nothing really different. Speaking of weather, that is the topic of the page I'm sharing today for the Layered on Thick challenge at Paper Issues

Lately I've been inspired by altering paper. There are so many beautiful papers this spring that have been scraping at me to take apart by cutting, sewing and or layering. The In the Sky paper in the new Shimelle Box of Crayons collections one of those papers! I saw it and wanted to cut it. Sew it, Layered. I pretty much did! 


I started with two pieces of paper. yep, two. I stitched around the clouds of the first one creating the bottom layer of the page.  The second paper I cut apart, stitching where the 'rain' had been printed on two of the sections, then glued them over their same spots. Then came the fun of adding some color. There are so many colorful prints and patterns in this collection. I love all of them. I kept it pretty tame with some reds & yellows, adding some stickers, die cuts


My favorite A Flair for Buttons flair. The Summertime 2 rainbow fit the colors so well. The Super Hero set gave me the POW I needed to go along with the photo dont you think?


I cant wait to create more projects with Box of Crayons! It makes me so happy! You can get it and so much more in the Paper Issues shop. It's always 20% off when you use DEVRA at checkout



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS