No Snow

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Hey look! I'm 5 for 5 this month! Go me! Well, Today I am here with a layout for the December Add It Up challenge at Paper Issues. This is such a fun challenge. Each month a point total is chosen for us to reach using the items and point values in the chart below. This month, the point total is 200 points!


I like this challenge because I really have to think about what I want to do and how I want to do it. with so many points this month, I had to come up with some ideas using the higher value items, then add on with some of the others, while making the whole page cohesive. So that's exactly what I did. sifting through photos, remembered I had some snow photos. I also have Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa sitting waiting to be used. Boom. Ideas started swirling. I sprayed 5 colors of mist over a stencil onto white cardstock. Then I used 3 snowflake cut files. That was almost 100 points. The rest of the points came from photos, patterned paper, journaling and all the little embellishments, including the wood title and one last paint splatter.. My total came to 206 points


I do not like winter. I don't like to be cold and I don't like being trapped by snow. It isn't so much that I don't like the snow as much as where I live isn't prepared to deal with it. so now when it snows, I get crabby, instead of being able to sit down and enjoy watching the snowflakes fall to the ground, turning everything a magical, shimmering, white blanket.

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I truly appreciate you being here with me. I have so much more to share so come back again soon. Snow & Cocoa as well as many other winter lines are in the Paper Issues shop. Get them for 20% off using DEVRA at checkout.


Supplies: CS-American Crafts, PP, die cuts, wood pieces-Crate Paper, sequins-Shimelle, paints-Tattered Angels, Heidi Swapp, Dylusions, stencil-TCW, silhouette


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS