#DITC

Tuesday, March 14, 2017


Hey there! I'm happy to be a part of the newer article on the Get It Scrapped blog. Once again, Debbie has taken us to new places for inspiration. Today, our pages and stories have not only been inspired by, but influenced by Humans of New York. 

Our assignment, was to journal in the style of HONY, from the subjects's perspective. This is not my story to tell, it's his. 


It seems, music plays a part in every generation. I am watching now as it has grabbed my teenage son's attention. He is always listening to music. He uses it to tune out noise, to calm him and to energize him. It has connected him to friends, both real and virtual.  He spends time seeking out new music, listening to many genres. 

Music has always played a part in our family, making this a subject in which we could have a lively discussion. I learned he hasn't fully grasped what music means to him yet. I also learned that in a literal sense, the difference between how his generation and mine source, listen and purchase music is digital and analogue. I enjoyed writing a story from someone else's point of view, but I scrapbook so my 'readers' understand the stories, feelings and memories from my perspective.

I loved having a paper collection with a theme that coincided with my photo and story. The music motif within the collection are current and relevant, therefore very fitting for my page.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. Im gearing up for crafty weekend, so come back later this week for more!

Supplies: Card stock and alpha-American Crafts, Patterned paper, washi, stickers, tags, die cuts-Bella Blvd, enamel dots-peeler beads, brads-basic Grey Simple Stories, mist-Heidi Swapp, pen-EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS